The role of DPO
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) role is introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation. He is a key player in the governance of the organisation with the mission to organise and maintain the compliance of your organisation with data protection principles and in particular:
- Inform and advise the controller or the processor and the employees
- Monitor compliance with the GDPR
- Provide advice where requested as regards the data protection impact assessment
- Cooperate with the CNPD andother supervisory authorities
Does your organisation have an obligation to designate a DPO?
Public organisations or bodies and some companies have the obligation to appoint a DPO. For example, companies which process on a large-scale health data, or process personal data for profiling purposes.
Check this scheme to know if you have the obligation to appoint a DPO?
Use of an external DPO
The designation of a DPO is mandatory for your organisation, or your organisation wishes to designate a DPO on a voluntary basis, but does not have the required resource and expertise? You can mandate MGSI as an external DPO to meet your needs and fulfill the GDPR requirements.
MGSI is composed of a multidisciplinary team of experts specialised in data protection and information security, and canprovide your organisation with:
- Comprehensive expertise in data protection practices applicable to your industry
- A transversal approach, including legal, organisational, technical and safety specificities
- A respect for the principles of independence and absence of conflict of interest
- well trained professionals.
The benefits of designating MGSI as an external DPO:
- Quality expertise
- Several DPOs in one, because MGSI works in a team composed of multidisciplinary and certified experts (legal, IT, project management …)
- Additional reinforcements available when needed
- Facilitate your compliance on a daily basis
- Time saving
- Flexibility and availability
- A pledge of conformity (independence, absence of conflict of interest)
- Controlled costs
- Available on demand
Want to know more about DPO as a service?